What is orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a branch of corrective cosmetic dentistry that is concerned with the correction of misaligned teeth.
Orthodontic treatment gradually and slowly moves your teeth from their current position to the desired position.
When is orthodontic treatment needed?
Many people of different ages will get orthodontic treatment for cosmetic and oral hygiene reasons. Contrary to popular belief, these kinds of treatments are not just for children and teenagers.
Here at Elite Dental, we offer a range of options for orthodontic treatment including conventional braces and invisalign.
Benefits of orthodontic treatment
- Improvement to appearance of the smile and face.
- Improvement to the bone structure of the face and jawline.
- Better tooth spacing improves the ability to clean and maintain the teeth in the long-term.
- Improvement of overbite and therefore a reduction in risk of facial injuries.
- Improved ability to chew food.
- Improved ability to speak clearly.
- Non-invasive method of improving appearance and functionality of the teeth.
Invisalign is a series of aligners that are made of clear plastic and are moulded to fit comfortably over the patient’s teeth.
Every week or so the dentist provides a new aligner to the patient. Each aligner applies gradual pressure on the teeth, progressively moving them to the desired position.
- The aligners are transparent and therefore less noticeable than traditional braces.
- The patient is able to remove the aligner for one to two hours each day, for eating and cleaning.
- Non-invasive and non-surgical treatment.
After your initial consultation with us, we will provide you with an all-inclusive proposal which explains cost, the treatment and what to expect.
Why choose Elite Dental?
Elite Dental have many years of experience in orthodontic treatment. The team have helped many people of all ages to achieve the smile they want. The team are friendly, professional and supportive and will be able to assist you in finding the right solution. Book a consultation today on 02 9807 1682 or complete the enquiry form