Family Dentistry / Preventative
Prevention is always the key with family dentistry. A laid-back approach to teeth cleaning can contribute to oral infection, decay and gum disease (periodontal disease).
Education is important at Elite Dental
Our team are passionate about delivering high quality information about dental hygiene to the community. Not only do we do this in the surgery with patients, but we go out to various community organisations to deliver oral healthcare training.
By establishing an effective dental care regime, you can prevent periodontal disease and dental decay. The team at Elite Dental recommend you take the following steps.
- Brush twice per day for two minutes each time.
- Use fluoride toothpaste and dental floss to help with effective cleaning.
- Replace your manual toothbrush or electric toothbrush head every three months to keep it effective.
- Limit foods that are high in sugar and carbohydrates. Inside your mouth, sugars are converted into acid which attacks the enamel in your teeth.
- Children require particular attention with their teeth cleaning habits and nutrition as they grow their adult teeth.
Your six monthly check-up
You should visit Elite Dental once every six months for an assessment and clean. The team will remove plaque and tartar around the gum-line and apply protective fluoride to strengthen teeth.
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS)
This government scheme provides children aged between 2-17 years of age with access to dental services such as examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, root canals and extractions. Eligible children have access to a benefit cap of $1,000 over a two year calendar period.
Book a consultation with Elite Dental today for your next family dentist visit. The team will offer their professional advice on maintaining optimal oral health. Call today to book an appointment on 02 9807 1682 or complete the enquiry form.